We are seeking a college graduate with a minimum of 2 years of Generalist experience with a focus on staffing. The ideal candidate has been exposed to all aspects of HR, including:
- Managing entire HR/benefits/administration/recruiting function for 50+ person fast growing digital media organization
- Full life cycle recruiting experience – including utilizing multiple resources for talent identification such as job boards, user forums, career fairs, employee referrals, etc. partnering closely with department leaders and online finance. Must be comfortable with:
- Researching job leads, perform internet research on companies and positions
- Post job ads where appropriate on job boards etc…
- Review applicant resumes, source candidates for specific positions
- Screen candidates in-person to determine qualifications for client job requirements.
- Recommend selected candidates to clients.
- Proficiency with Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Must handle sensitive employee and business information with confidentiality
- Handling Employee Relations issues
- Solid knowledge of federal and state regulations; familiar with filing and compliance requirements affecting employee benefit programs, including but not limited to ERISA, COBRA, FMLA, ADA, SECTION 125, and Workers Compensation.
- Experience working with automated HR or benefits systems
- Handle administration of company benefit plans; processes enrollments, changes, terminations, administer FMLA, ensure HIPAA compliance.
- Work with team members to ensure office is managed properly (including supply ordering, maintaining vendor relations with cleaning company, exterminator, plant service)
- Partner with IT/Help Desk to ensure that all new hires are properly on-boarded and set up in the company system
- Process twice monthly payroll through Trinet System, as well as quarterly bonus payments for sales staff. Must have familiarity setting up employees in an HRIS environment.
- Maintain proper employee files including all relevant and current withholding forms and necessary i-9 information
Someone who like to work independently. This is a great opportunity for someone who is high energy, who is self motivated and can contribute to the excellence of the organization.
A well rounded, happy, high energetic employee is ideal. Ideally someone who has experience in a fast growing digital media environment. Must be willing to roll up your sleeves and do whatever it takes to get the job done.
About Spanfeller Media Group:
Unprecedented in scope and depth, Spanfeller Media Group’s, The Daily Meal, produces more culinary content than any other resource. Our passionate team canvasses the world to bring you the best food and drink experiences at all levels, around the table, at home or on the road. Harvesting the delicious and
discarding the mundane, we are your friend on the inside, discovering and reporting with a sense of fun and curiosity. The Daily Meal delivers a fresh take on dining news and trends and helps you succeed in the kitchen while highlighting the unifying aspects of food and drink and celebrating the people who create them.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org